Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5th Treatment and GREAT NEWS!!!!

Hi everyone!

Shari has some WONDERFUL NEWS to share with everyone. She had a CT scan last week and reviewed the results of that scan today with her oncologist while at the hospital for her regularly scheduled treatment. Here is what Shari has to report!

-------
I had my appointment today with Dr. Schuchter at 9am, Tuesday, January 27th. She reviewed my CT Scan from last Wednesday, and everything that they (the CT Scan radiologists) have been following has shrunk. The disease is stable, which is AMAZING in and of itself, but even better than that .... Dr. Schuchter said that "We have altered the course of the disease!" This is huge information. The treatment is working. The disease is shrinking and it is moving in the direction of being gone. I AM A MIRACLE!!!!! Celebrate with me, celebrate in the good news.

Thank you for all your good wishes, loving support and ongoing friendships. I know that this is my battle to win but I could not be on this path with out the love and support of all of the communities that love and support me and my family and for that I am so grateful.

Loving,
Shari
-----------

Isn't that fantastic.... there just aren't words for how exciting this is. Shari knows that there is still a road ahead of her, but some validation along the way that this is the right treatment for her and that it is working is just what the doctor ordered! At this point, the plan is to do one more treatment (in about 3 weeks) and then do another CT scan to decide on the future course of treatment.

Shari did complete her 5th treatment today, and as of tonight was still feeling her usual, "high" self as she normally does on Day 1. As always, please keep Shari in your prayers as she gets through this tough first week after treatment and that the Atavan works as well for her this time as it did last time.

Shari's friend Max will be arriving tomorrow and will stay with them until Monday to support the family during Shari's treatment recovery. Thanks again, Aunt Max!

Feel free to keep the blog comments and emails flowing. Shari really loves reading all of your messages to her! You can also feel free to call her, but keep in mind that it will be very difficult for Shari to return calls during this first week.

Everyone lift a glass for our dear friend, Shari. This is a moment to celebrate!

Peace,
Shannon

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shari, that's so great!!! I do think of you---and what you're going through---often, and I pray for the miracle everyone is hoping for! You're on the way!

Anonymous said...

HI Shari!
I have chills up and down! I am so happy for you. I am sorry I haven't been the best about keeping in touch but please know you are always in my prayers and in my heart. I am just so happy to hear this news!! When you are feeling you have strength back, we need to plan a girls trip. I've mentioned this to Shannon and now we must do it to celebrate! You will continue to be in my daily thoughts.
Love,
Leigh

Unknown said...

WHAT AWESOME NEWS!
I know how much everyone is with you in celebrating, and in wishing you continued successful good health. Meantime, stay warm, eat well, and know that we are all sending you lots of love.
Susan

Kelly said...

Shari,

What great news! You are truly a miracle and it is a pleasure to know such a strong woman and watch you fight (and win!) against this horrible disease. Keep doing what you are doing because it is obviously working.

Anonymous said...

That is great news to someone so deserving of it as yourself!
The treatment worked because YOU wanted it to work and were always looking through this with rose colored glasses.
We are praying for you and hope to hear of the same news in weeks to come!

Anonymous said...

That is great news to someone so deserving of it as yourself!
The treatment worked because YOU wanted it to work and were always looking through this with rose colored glasses.
We are praying for you and hope to hear of the same news in weeks to come!
Love Ronit Charlie Eden and Zach

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shari, if anyone can overcome the odds, I would always put my bets on you! Your determine and attitude can overcome anything. This is excellent news and I know it will keep getting better! With all my love and prayers, Krystie <3

Erika said...

Your strength and determination are an inspiration to us all Shari. Every single night we pray for you and your miracle--we are so happy for you, try to rest as much as you can with Max there! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shari,
Sooooooo glad to hear that everything is working!! We miss you and can't wait to see you soon!
Starla, Meg and Ty send their love to you, Tom and Daria. (As well as me.) Love you, I will talk to you soon. Adam

Nancy said...

Best news ever!!! I've kept up with the blog hoping to read this post all along...this has made my day! Good for you, good for Tom & Daria, and good for all of us who get to celebrate your cancer-free future! Way to go, Shari-girl!!!! Still sending prayers-

Love, Nancy & Zeke

Anonymous said...

We are very excited to hear the GREAT news. Shari our thoughts and prayers are with you as you beat this monster. Know that even though there are many miles between us we are always there for you.
Love,
Michelle, Nick and Frankie