Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Treatment Number Ten

For this treatment, things returned to "normal", in that my husband and daughter were here, Max was here, and other Angels came and went throughout the week.

Treatment was on Friday, May 22nd and my Rose Angel made another visit the day before with inspirational words to support me. We've added a new drug to the regimen; this one is intended to reduce the neuropathy and hand and foot syndrome (constant throbbing) that's been driving me batty from the beginning. I'm only taking one pill a day at the moment and it's too soon to expect results... but I had some lethargy and sore throat that are potential side effects of the new drug. Or maybe I just caught a cold. Time will tell.

Jade came again the day afer treatment for a visit and another cranial-sacral session. My thoughts seemed clear after the session... although I don't generally have discomfort or other side effects until later in recovery week. And as the days passed, my pain level seems lower than in previous treatments (blessedly), with just the usual general tiredness and afternoon lethargy. I am raising afternoon naps to an art form.

For those who haven't seen me in a while, you might be surprised that my hair is growing back! They tell me it's unusual for this to happen during ongoing chemo, but that's no surprise to me, since I've had all the unusual side effects throughout my treatment history. *This* one I'm happy about. Pictures will be forthcoming!

All in all, a fairly low-key and uneventful week. Next treatment is scheduled for June 16.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Can't wait to see your hair coming back and happy to hear the last two treatments have been OK-can't say good, of course, but they are better then the worst! So happy you have so many people in your village to help you and be there for you! You are a lucky lady :)

Nancy said...

Hey S! So good to read your blog! You and Daria look fabulous! I thought of you last week while I was away in London drinking some amazing tea!!! When can I stop over to drop off some authentic British tea bags??? I know you'll enjoy them! Hugs :}