Friday, August 29, 2008

Coversations With Daria

So the other day we received a letter from Daria's Fantastic Fives teacher Miss Cynthia. Miss Cynthia introduced herself in the letter, told her how excited she was to have her in her class and explained that she had enclosed her first assignment. Daria then asked, "Mama, what is an assignment?" I explained that it is work that you need to so, homework. I continued reading the letter and it said to place 2 or 3 of your favorite items inside the bag. Daria again asked "What is an item?" I again explained that it is an object or a thing, something that you like. And I then said do you understand? This is a homework assignment that you need to do before school starts. And with that out of my dear sweet 5 year old daughter's mouth comes "I DON"T WANT TO DO ANY HOOOOMEWWWWORRRRK!!!" With all the whining to back up the statement. I just couldn't believe my ears. I felt like I was talking to a teenage. Not my 5 year old. If this is happening now then what will happen when she is a teenager. Inside I was just laughing and also crying. I was laughing because this was just too funny and crying because this was my future. Look out world here she comes!!!!
Blessings,
Shari

No comments: