Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Day Of Rest

So today started out to be a day of much needed rest. Tom decided this morning that he wanted to go to the beach for the day. After much debate inside myself, I decided that he and D Rose should go without me. And that I should spend the day at home catching up on all the needed rest that I manage to not get. Besides, the side affects from my treatment (I will explain later) are now kicking in. This of course is a good thing but it does take it's toll. So driving 2 hours to the shore and 2 hours home from the shore, spending time on the beach in the sun and walking on the boardwalk, although to most of you sounds like a wonderful day, to me would have been exhausting. So I made my chose and opted to stay home and I sent the two of them off by themselves.

At the beginning of the day I was sooooo happy. Alone in the quiet with my class work, my new blog, my book that I want to finish reading and of course the Olympics. I was set. I had to run to the store for a short errand and was back by lunch time. I made myself a nice lunch and then it hit me. "They must be on the beach having a great time." "What have I done, why did I decide to stay home?" And lets just say that it went on and on and on from there. Most of the time I was trying very hard to be content in my quiet and then the one in my head would start and not let up.

All in all, I had the day of quiet I needed so much. I completed a lot that I wanted to get accomplished and had rest, quiet rest. On the most part I am grateful for days like this and I also wish that I had the energy all the time to just pick up and go like I used too. That day again will come.
Blessings,
Shari

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hey - welcome to the blogging world - I have so much to blog all the time but so little time on the computer so the ideas come and go but it is nice to see you on line too - your dear sweet d rose is BEAUTIFUL - I don't think I have seen her in so long, her hair is so long and she is just beautiful. Wish we saw you more - maybe in the fall. Love to you

powesq said...

A wonderful surprise! Happy blogging!