Sunday, June 21, 2009

Treatment 11 Update

Treatment day was Tuesday, June 16. I haven't seen my doctor in a number of treatments (I generally see my nurse practitioner) so we planned my treatment for later in the day to accomodate the doctor's schedule. I won't be doing that again -- it made for a really looooong day. Generally, my pre-treatment steroids keep me up til 1:00 a.m. on treatment night, but because we shifted the schedule I was up half the night (and not very happy about it!)

My Rose Angel delivered a rose and inspiring messages on Monday, and my friend Max arrived on Wednesday afternoon, a little later than usual due to horrific traffic in Boston. I keep telling her if she'd move to Chester County she could avoid the city traffic, but so far she's not buying it.

This has been a mixed bag of a recovery week. Wednesday wasn't too bad but Thursday and Friday were really challenging, with a lot of body aches. I slept a lot; the gloomy weather didn't exactly inspire me to activity. I was able to rally for a Father's Day celebration with my parents on Thursday. Friday and Saturday were mostly a wash-out; I stayed in bed late and took it easy all day. I managed to supervise a closet-cleaning project (Max's professional organizing skills put to active use!) and finish a jigsaw puzzle, but that's about it.

I'm still increasing the dose of the latest addition to my prescription arsenal; Neurontin (generic name Gabapentin) is supposed to help with the pain and tingling in my feet but I have to build up slowly to a therapeutic dose. I'm grateful I found an online pharmacy that sells it for less than the local stores since I don't have prescription coverage.

Before the next treatment I'll have a CT scan to determine progress and future course of treatment. For now, my next treatment is scheduled *in the morning* of Friday, July 10.

No comments: