Thursday, November 6, 2008

Empowerment!

Once Shari chose to do the chemotherapy and targeted therapy treatment that began this week, she knew that losing her hair would become a reality at some point in this process. Shari has embraced this reality and decided to be proactive about it!

Shari wanted to cut her hair short in anticipation of the chemo side effects, before she started treatment and started to possibly feel ill. On Sunday, her dear friend Mair cut her hair into a fabulous new short style! Shari looks beautiful.

Shari, before

Shari, after

Doesn't she look fabulous?!?! In other "hair" news, Shari and her friend Jan started the process of wig shopping last week. They went to a boutique in West Chester and were introduced to a HUGE variety of options she has for head coverings, including wigs, partial hair pieces, hats, scarves, and headbands. Shari found a few things she really liked there including a wonderful wig that she hopes she may be able to get in the coming weeks! Check out her pictures.



I love this shot of Jan and Shari together! Don't they look adorable?!?!

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I'll update you on Shari's wonderful voting story. There are some really wonderful people in this world!

Shannon

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Shari, you look great with the do! I hope you are feeling good today and every day after. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut! Your wig pic looks completely natural also! What a great attitude you're going in with!
Patty

Shannon F. said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love the short hairdo and I couldn't tell you were wearing a wig in the other pictures. I hope you tried on some fun wigs, like a long, curly, sexy, blond wig or maybe a long, straight, black wig.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

omg - I so love that you are being so proactive! I know we haven't known each other THAT long, but I count you as a great friend! You are truly an inspiration to me and I can't wait for you to beat this an get back to our morning converstaions! With love, prayers and laughter, Krsytie

Erika said...

I am amazed at how awesome the wig looks and love the short do--make life simple, simple, simple :) Missing you!