Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Interrupt this Regularly Scheduled Programming....

Hi everyone!This is Shari's friend Shannon. As many of you know, Shari has been diagnosed with melanoma and has recently found out that the melanoma has spread to her lung. Shari began a chemotherapy and targeted therapy treatment program as of yesterday to fight the melanoma. We know that Shari will be successful in her fight, but she can use all of the support that she can get along the way.

Shari has asked that I act as a communicator with all of you, her loving supporters, as she goes through this process. This is a job I will happily accept. In light of this, I have "hijacked" Shari's blog and will occasionally update you here with her progress.

Shari provided an update yesterday after her first chemotherapy treatment and here is what she had to say:

----------
Today, Tuesday, November 4th I started my first chemo and targeted therapy treatment. And after 1 small issue in the morning (I was never scheduled for an appointment in the calendar for today's treatment) and 1 small issue once I started the chemo (I had a small rash reaction that made them stop the meds and check with my Dr. that took about 45 minutes before receiving clearance to continue) I think the day went smooth and easy. I was very tired and floating around from the Benadryl that they gave me and then got very high from the steroids. The combination was overall good.

It has been almost a 12 hour day since I left my house and got back home but (I DID VOTE, YEA!!!!! can't wait to share that story, another time) I am tired and ready to relax, get out of my clothes and retire for the night.

Thank you for all your support and love. I will update often and keep you up to date on my progress. If there is anyone that I have missed please let me know. And you are welcome to share my "Miracle" progress with anyone that would like to know. My oncologists vision is to maintain and stabilize the disease and I would like to take it a step further I want to be "The Miracle" to shrink the melanoma and it be gone from my body completely.

God Bless us all,
Light, love and laughter,
Shari
------------

Please keep Shari in your thoughts and prayers. I will update here regularly so please check back!

Shannon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always in my thoughts, and prayers!

Patty